Start a new topic

EMU Crashing mid show

Hey everyone. I have opened a ticket about this but wondered if anyone has personally run into speed bumps with the reliability of this software. I’m using EMU for a professional touring show. We run track and I created all the automation lanes for the programs, banks and lights (brightness, as I do the colour profiles through the software). While for the most part it has been a fantastic addition to the live performance, 2 out of 8 have had issues with the EMU software crashing mid show. Once we start the laptop, it’s off stage so it’s been a huge hindrance when it crashes. When reopening, for some reason the ‘bank’ and ‘program’ automation lanes need to be re-enabled within Abelton too. I’m about to expand the lighting rig for the next run of festivals. We have as well as taking this setup for future support tours. But before I expand this, I want to resolve the problem with the crashing as it’s made me lose faith in the stability of the software so I’d like some assistance of understand what may be causing it. I love working with EMU and the way it operates is fantastic, but crashing mid show is not an option for me. I’m on the cusp of investigating Showsynch Beams but before diving into that option I’d rather resolve this with EMU. I run it on Abelton Live 11 (Standard) MacBook Air 2019 2.4Ghz quad core i5 OS Sonoma 14.4.1 EMU software 24.2.24.6

If you have already raised a ticket - consider you fixed the issue :) 

Some of us faced with this kind of issue. But usually after a ticket and couple of manipulations with the help of the support team issues are been resolved. Hope you'll be good soon too :)

Ah that’s really good to know that their support is good! Excited to come to a resolve with what’s going on with the crashes
Login or Signup to post a comment